What is Qigong?Qigong is an ancient Chinese health care system that integrates physical postures, breathing techniques and focused intention. The word qigong (Chi Kung) is made up of two Chinese words.
- Qi is usually translated to mean the life force or vital-energy that flows through all things in the universe.
- The second word, gong, means accomplishment, or skill that is cultivated through steady practice.
Benefits of Practicing Qigong
- calms the mind
- normalises blood pressure
- cultivates a sense of wellbeing
- increases flexibility
- exercises muscles, ligaments
- slows the ageing process
- stimulates the immune system
- improves sleep
- combats osteoporosis & coronary artery sclerosis